This season it is fighting for the brand asics.
This is best seen in the latest edition of the GT-2000 5.
This women's running shoe comes as a Trail Plasma Guard variant, i.
The Asics GT-2000 5 is particularly effective in off-road terrain.
Asics has been the leading brand in this segment for many years, which is particularly evident in its workmanship and attention to detail.
Asics always strives to improve its products.
That's why the GT-2000 is packed with technology that makes running even more enjoyable.
-Upper: synthetic and textile
-Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.) -3M reflectors
ASICS Men's GT-2000 5 Running Shoe
- I've run in ASICS for 15 years and these were the first I've ever been unhappy with.
- The biggest problem was that the fabric behind one heel started to tear in a number of places after about a dozen runs.
- But even before that, the shoe felt small and cramped, especially in the toebox, despite this being the same size of this model I've worn for over a decade.
- They've changed something with the GT-2000 5 design, and not only did they fit small, they actually hurt my feet.
- I wouldn't buy version 5 again and am now hunting for the previous version in my size.
- This pair unfortunately has failed after just the second outing.
- The cushioning system under the heel of the right show collapsed, and now squeaks terribly when I walk in them, and make my right knee and ankle ache after walking in them for an afternoon.
- I'm going to work with Asics USA to see if I can possibly get them replaced, but getting ahold of Asics has proven difficult.
- It is true, if fits nothing like the previous lines of ASICS GT 2000 trail runners.
- Why does ASICS have to change a great thing when they have so many other lines of mens running shoes?<
- This is the 1st time I selected 1/2 size bigger based on product reviews, it was still tight.
- Tightened the laces which solved that problem but now I notices a small bulging out of the upper side.
- I will put it thru the paces but the writings on the wall Asics your Fired.
- Outsole compound is less grippy than the non trail version, especially on damp or wet rock.
- I do a lot of mountain running where the footing can be tricky, and I just feel much more secure in the street gt-2000.
- I researched shoes for low arch, and this received very high ratings.
- The problem is that the back inside heel wore out very quickly.
- Although I'm female, I prefer the Men's shoe because it gives me a little extra width but the same foot support.
- This is the second pair of the GT-2000 I've purchased and love them.
- I run about 35 miles a week like the way they hold up for so long over the especially long runs - and the durability as well, especially the tread.
- Ever since I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis I have gotten this brand.
- Really have any issues with my feet now with these shoes.
- Occasionally I have strayed but I have always come back to the GT.
ASICS Women's GT-2000 5 Trail Runner
- A rugged outsole with a deep lug pattern provide great traction while running on trails.
- Our tight weave mesh upper keeps dirt and debris out of the interior, while the guidance Trusstic system® technology allows runners seeking maximum stability to pursue the ultimate off-road adventure.
- Exactly as described, and very comfy / lightweight and snug on the feet.
- I personally did not need my orthotics with these, as the shoe itself provides enough stability for my mild - moderate over pronation.
- I read the reviews, which is an addiction for me, but did not listen to the many people who said this shoe ran small.
- The shoe felt great but asics has messed the sizing up.
- I knew to order 1/2 size up - because I had tried a pair on at a brick and mortar store that was too busy to assist, so the display model was the size that fit.
- This is my second pair Asics trail runner shoes, but these are so darn squeaky they drive me nuts.
- Also the back of the shoes seems to come up a bit higher than the last model of the same brand so it rubbed the skin off the back of my foot/ankle.
- I find it necessary to wear high socks to avoid this issue and since I run with earbuds on I can ignore the darn, annoying SQUEAK sound with every step that hits the ground.
- I'm Asics Brand-loyal and am the same size in all of their shoes; however their sizing has changed with the GT 2000 5 where I needed a 1/2 size larger.
- I would still recommend, them, though, keeping in mind that you might need to go up 1/2 size.
- For reference, I typically wear a 9 in Asics (last pair Gel Cumulus) and ordered the same in this and my toe was just touching the end.
- Have had them just over a month and they already have a hole in them and starting to fall apart.
- I was disappointed because I liked the colors for winter.