One of the most popular women’s snowboards on the market, Capita’s Birds of a Feather is the ultimate "do it all" -"go anywhere" by board and will improve your riding forever.
The Hybrid Camber, All Terrain Snowboard has been copied many times but never reached, because there is only one BOAF! No wonder that there are so many imitators, because the Birds of a Feather has won every Snowboard Design Award there is.
For the 2018 season, the board was equipped with the new, sintered Superdrive Base, which is unparalleled in terms of molecular density and sliding performance. The new, biaxial Special Blend Fiberglass encloses the dual core of poplar and beech wood and gives the BOAF its power and longevity.
All components are glued with the likewise new Magic Bean resin, which is not only environmentally friendly, but also extremely powerful and additionally saves weight.
The Kevlar sidewall reinforcements, the two continuous carbon layers and the True Twin shape have been retained.
The complete package is rounded off with a colorful macaw that makes the Birds of a Feather a real eye-catcher.
-Application: All Mountain
-Flex: 4/10 -Medium
-Construction: Hybrid Camber Profile
-Shape: Blended Radial True Twin
-Core: FSC Dual Core -Poplar and Beechwood
-Fiberglass: Biax / Biax Special Blend -Magic Bean Resin
-Topsheet -Base Graphics: PLT, Level 6 DeepSpace -Multitec Sublimination, Die-Cut Base
-Construction element: 2x Carbon Fiber Beams
-Construction element: Fortress Kevlar BoundSidewalls
-Edges: 360 HRC48 Steel Edges
-Side bolsters: ABS 1000
Average width: Board length -23.20 cm (144 cm)
-23.80 cm (148 cm)
-24.10 cm (150 cm)
-24.70 cm (152 cm)
Capita Womens Birds Of A Feather Womens Snowboard 2018
- Such emulation comes with the territory given the Birds of a Feather has won every major industry design award.
- Loaded with key upgrades for 2017‹ ›, the Birds of a Feather series now feature a more responsive Special Blend™ fiberglass application with environmentally responsible, low temperature and plant based, Magic Bean™ resin.
- This next generation design allows you to get the pop and response of a cambered board with all the predictability and easy turn initiation of zero camber or reverse camber shapes.
- TECH: – DS SELECT RFC SUSTAINABLE DUAL CORE™: Poppy lightweight Poplar core combined with Beech for increased power and durability.
- FORTRESS™ KEVLAR BOUND SIDEWALLS: Heavy duty protection with refined flyweight kevlar.
- CARBON FIBER BEAMS: Increases power and response while remaining ultralight.
- MAGIC BEAN RESIN: Custom weighted Biaxial top / Biaxial bottom = increased strength and durability.
- Impregnated with reformulated, high performance plant based MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN.
- SUPERDRIVE™ BASE: The new standard in sintered base material, this UHMWPE is precision forged for high abrasion resistance and a super smooth glide.
Capita – Womens Birds of a Feather Snowboard 2018, 142
- It features a hybrid camber that will happily deal with any terrain you choose to ride, while its mid-flex will give you plenty of play for jibbing and pressing on your way to victory.
- Designed to take on the whole mountain Camber underfoot for solidity, and rockered tip and tail meant the Birds of a Feather will take well to the pow, just as it will charging corduroy.
- The sustainably sourced wood cores come in the form of a blend of poppy poplar and powerful beech.
- Carbon fibre beams running the length of the board give you quick response for turning.
- Sitting at about four out of ten on the flex scale, the Birds of a Feather offers forgiveness when learning to butter or progressing in the park.
- Durable build for long life If you’re a regular park rider, you’ve got Capita’s Kevlar Bound Fortress Sidewalls to protect the board from jump landings and rail impacts.
- Your board has further reinforcement thanks to the 360 steel edges that will take a fair beating from impacts without blowing-out.
- The Birds of a Feather gets a base upgrade this winter in the form of Capita’s new Superdrive Base.
- This sintered material is durable and offers a fast, smooth glide.
- If all mountain-madness is your thing, check out the award-winning Capita Birds of a Feather Women’s Snowboard.