Compact three-digit combination lock with individually adjustable code and 76cm long, retractable chain.
-Individually adjustable, three-part numerical code
-76cm long chain
-Size approx: 8 x 6 cm
Demo On Locking Snowboards,Twin Tips And Fat Skis
How to lock TWO Snowboards, Twin Tips and Wider Skis (fats)
DAKINE Micro Lock
- It won’t stop a pair of bolt cutters, but it provides an effective deterrent against board theft in public places.
- I take this on my longer bike rides so that if I have to pop into a gas station or something I can lock up my bike and just deter opportunistic thieves.
- Anyone with a set of wire cutters could steal the bike within moments but if you are just leaving it unattended for very short periods of time and don’t want to carry around a heavier, bulkier lock then this is a good way to go.
- Fits in any pocket and you probably won’t even notice it’s there.
- Easily locks one set of skis, but I’ve managed to 2 skis with it as well (just loop through one ski binding of each set, and a pole)
– Wire doesn’t look super strong, but the point of this is to deter people from even bothering – so it does that job well enough.
- I am sure someone could break this lock if they really wanted my skis, but point of this lock for me is adding a hassle factor for someone to steal.
- It can be simply pulled off with very little effort at all.
- The locking latch part is just plastic – and cheap plastic at that.
- I was shocked to watch some kids just pull this lock right off the rack without any tools at all.
- I most definitely won’t be buying another Dakine product.
- I would recommend this, unless you ski or snowboard at a place where theft is rampant.
- If someone has a hammer or flat screw driver and intent to steal, they MAY be able to get through this lock.
- But I use it and trust it, feels like it would at least slow down a thief.
- I don’t even notice it’s in there while I’m sending it.
- Someone that wants your board, this is not going to stop them.
- Use when I leave my bike on the back rack of my car for stop at grocery store.
Bosvision Ultra-Secure 4-digit Combination Lock with 3 Feet Retractable Cable for Bike, Ski, Snowboard and Stroller
- The 3/32 inch (dia) x 3 feet (L) vinyl coated cable gives extra cut resistance.
- It provides higher security level than cheap padlocks in the market.
- The included setup guide instructs the procedure to change the code.
- Ideal for different occasion
Bosvision combination retractable cable padlock is ideal to secure skis, bikes, buggies, pushchairs, strollers and other items together or to a secure fixture.
- It is small and light weight and when it works, is easy to use.
- We were able to reset the combination on the first lock with no problems and it has worked properly.
- During the initial reset of the second lock we must have done something wrong without realizing it.
- The lock is locked and the combination is not set to either all 0000 or our desired combination.
- We didn’t even use the lock once and the mistake was much too easy to make.
- We thought we followed the exact same procedure for the two locks.
- I really don’t want it to fail and not open while my teen is at ski club and I’m irritated that the second lock is useless.
- Anyone know how to reset without knowing what random combination it set itself to?<
- I feel a little more secure with this cable lock securing my things.
- Doesn’t have an alarm but is a good deterrent for petty thieves but a good pair of bolt cutters will cut it, though I have not seen many people carrying bolt cutters around in airports and other public places lately!
- I recommend this item to anyone wanting more security when traveling, etc.
- Nothing super high security, as probably with enough force someone could break the main housing since it’s plastic, but that would bring a lot of attention and still require a good amount of effort.
- Not a big deal for me, since I got this as a simple deterrent mostly for long bus/trains and hostels without lockers.
- May also use on the beach to tie to a tree if going solo.
- Easy to lock/unlock, small, light, perfect for traveling.
- Buttons don’t push easily and the cable won’t come out and it cannot be reset.
- Manufacturer needs to revise directions and improve the locking design.
- Tried to return this worthless product only to find out it is non-returnable.
- I tried to change the combination and it didn’t work so now I have the lock in place and can’t get it unlocked.
- Extremely disappointed especially since I’ve missed the window to return so now I’ve wasted my money for nothing.
- I was used to other simpler locks that would simply keep the combination they were on when the cable head is inserted, then I apparently messed up while setting this one and now all I can do is throw it out.
- Now it won’t unlock using either the new combination or the factory one.
- I’m about to go on a long trip where I’ll need to lock my luggage down pretty often so it’s good I found out before leaving.
- Still, this product is a major disappointment and I highly recommend you look elsewhere.
- Even when working, these locks provide almost no security.
- I purchased two and was disappointed when they arrived.
- Ignore the people that can’t follow simple instructions …
- Ignore the people that can’t follow simple instructions – use the buttons correctly and it resets with ease!<
- But it will keep someone making a grab and dash if you’re attached to something sturdy.