Leki sticks for hiking.
Trekking buffer made of vulcanised material.
-Material: vulcanized rubber compound
-Delivery: 2 pieces
Leki Smart Tip Pad Change
Check out the LEKI Rubber Walking Tips at Backcountry Edge: https://www.backcountryedge.com/leki-rubber-walking-tips-pair.html.
Leki Trekking Silent Spike Pad - Pole Tip
- Extremely durable, lasting up to 4 times longer than traditional rubber tips.
- This vulcanized rubber tip has 6 carbide spikes that provide unparalleled grip while greatly reducing contact noise.
- The carbide spikes also make these pole tips more durable; lasting up to 4 times longer than traditional rubber tips.
- These metal spikes do provide a good grip on rock, although not as good as the regular carbide tips.
- One benefit of using these large tips, it that it reduces the impact on the trail, since you are not penetrating the surface.
- The lasted a few days on soft trails, with occasional rocks, but after one day going down hill on a heavily covered rock trail, I lost 4 of 5 spikes on each tip.
- At that point, I removed the covers and used the main carbide flex tip.
- I was willing to pay more for the tip due to the benefit of the carbide spikes, but now I am left with regular tip covers.
- I understand that things wear out, but losing 80% of the spikes in one day of use is too much.
- I keep them on most of the time for most purposes since I don't like the click-click noise the bare tips make on hard ground or asphalt.
- One caution, when you go inside be carefully you don't scratch the floor.
- They have excellent grip but are quiet on dry pavement.
- It is very well constructed and fits very well on my Leki poles.
- A 105lb friend has had the studs stay in a long time, but at 210lbs, they start popping out immediately on my poles.
- Too bad as they protect trails, don't pick up leaves, and resist slipping as well as the single metal tip that poles come with, in some situations they grip better.
- I'm new to trekking poles but it didn't take me long to get tire of the click, click…these do the trick and I suspect are more stable.
- The tips do reduce the "clack-clack" noise but all carbide studs came off within 3 days of hiking rocky terrain.
- They bite into any surface, slick or otherwise and have kept me from falling on multiple occasions.
LEKI Traveller Alu Nordic Walking Poles
- Safer, Lighter, More Durable Than Cheap Collapsible Poles From China.
- These sticks collapse down to a size that makes it more convenient for travel.
- The clips for the straps that go around the wrists are just a bit more difficult to use that those on my old sticks.
- I really like my sticks and would highly recommend them.
- Liked how light weight they were and also the comfortable straps to slip your hands into.
- Highly recommend them to increase effectiveness of your walks.