The Madshus Ultrasonic Intelligrip represents the entry into the world of lightweight, fully race-ready skis -ideal for aspiring athletes. Its sidecut makes the skis manageable, the stiffness profile ensures a dynamic running behavior.
The IntelliGrip climbing skin provides reliable grip in all snow conditions and slides low in noise.
The paulownia / carbon hybrid construction is used in the ultrasound race performance ski.
The result is an extremely lightweight torsion box ski. The Paulownia core, a fast-growing, sustainable plantation wood with fantastic weight and uniform density, is encased in carbon reinforcement for optimal lightness, stiffness and torsion, whether for fast acceleration or for full-day performance.
-Scope of delivery: without binding
-Page form: 44-42-43
-Weight / length: 1.150 g / 190 cm (pair)
-Base: P-Tex 2000 Electra / Intelligrip in the mid section
-Core: Paulownia Carbon Hybrid
-Fits: NNN shoes
-Fits: NIS bindings
Madshus Intelligrip XC Ski Skins
- Both the manufacturer and seller descriptions are a little deceiving when it comes to the description.
- They state its a mohair skin for a 185 cm ski, but it's really a kicker skin with a plastic leader and ski tip attachment.
- The plastic leader, while treated with something like skin glue did not stay attached to the ski for the 2 mile climb.
- The mohair section stayed attached, but it didn't do much good.
- They're kicker skins with the typical ski tip attachment and a length of plastic going back to the kicker skin.
- After break in, they glide and grip a little better than an average waxless/fishscale pattern.
- Some waxless skis grip better, some glide better, but I don't know of any that do both as well.
- Compared to Black Diamond kicker skins, these get maybe half the grip at best, but glide at least twice as fast and fit on narrower skis.
- These save me from having to use klister on backpacking trips where most(but not all) of the snow will be kick wax friendly.
- Skate out on bomber crust, kick and glide back when it softens up.
- I haven't had any issues with the glue not adhering, and I don't scrape my hardwax before putting the skins on.
- I would like it to be 5-10mm wider to accommodate a broader range of skis.
- I realize this would limit their usefulness on 44mm or narrower race skis, but I think touring, and backcountry touring are the best application for this product.
- You will wear them out really quickly on very hard, abrasive snow, like solidly frozen snowmachine trails.
Madshus Intelligrip N150100101200