With the 4th generation of the Salomon Speedcross Collection you run all of them.
The Speedcross 4 gives you high wearing comfort with top features. So you get a lightweight material combined with a heavily steamed sole and high-quality grip. In addition, a waterproof material and a mud protection provides for running? even in bad weather conditions.
The sole is made up of three parts.
An outsole with a Premium Wet Traction Contagrip, as well as an EVA midsole with extra insole.
These features make a precise footing possible. Smooth movement possibilities are also provided by a sesifit, a quicklace andoFit.
The Salomon Speedcross 4 in bright red orange provides you with features like the pros have.
-Shaft: half-height spring construction
-Sensifit system for optimum grip
-Outsole: Premium Wet Traction Contagrip
-Midsole: EVA Molded Foam, Light Weight Musle
-Insole: preformed EVA footbed
-Mesh insert for roll protection
-Waterproof textile material
-Quicklace high-speed system
-Upper:Textile / Synthetic
Note: br14> The shoes are slightly smaller. Please order a size bigger!
Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 Gtx Trail Runner
- I live in Seattle so i need something waterproof to run in.
- Doesn’t look like there even is such thing as a just a waterproof jogging shoe, the only thing i could find are waterproof trail running shoes.
- I figured I’d give trail runners a try since half my run is street and the other half trail.
- The hard sole adds a big increase in shock, was hard on my knees.
- I don’t like the laces, they don’t distribute tightness well.
- They are going to require a lot of breaking in before they are comfortable but i suspect once you do they will be very comfortable.
- I definitely wouldn’t do any long hikes or runs without breaking them in early.
- I did a 5 mile run right out the box and it killed my feet.
- It has an elevated heel on it which made me run more on the balls of my feet and hurt my valves and back because i’m not use to it.
- Spend a good 10-15 miles breaking these in before you try and put them to the test.
- I’d recommend these shoes for short wet hikes or runs on trail only, or just for a waterproof shoe to wear in the rain.
- These were definitely not made for hard surface running.
- I decided I needed something more than a regular road running shoe.
- I thought these shoes might be too big because the heel was slipping a bit as I walked around.
- It had been raining for 3 days and my trail was as wet as it can be.
- And the cleats cleared all the mud with each step I took.
- But the heels did gather some mud that I had to stop and bang off.
- I was looking for 2 new sets of shoes at the same time: a new pair of running shoes, and some waterproof shoes I could take to wet dewy lawn at the dog park in the mornings and not come home with soaking wet socks.
- I went for both those birds with this pair of shoes and I’m glad I did.
- At first I saw the bottoms of them and they almost looked like cleats because of the large tread, but the traction was great on everything and these are probably the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned.
- They needed almost no breaking in, and after a week of camping and hiking in them every day I had no blisters or issues and dry feet.
- The grip below doesn’t appear to be well suited for hard concrete.
- I used several times on the street with no excessive wear and tear so far but it doesn’t feel confident when walking on concrete.
- The shoe definitely has good waterproof material with the goretex.
- I used in heavy rain and my feet/socks remain dry, except the parts not covered.
- I recommend it best suited for all-weather dirt trails.
- These seemed to fit a bit roomy for me but everyone’s feet are going to fit differently.
- The quick lace system makes it easy to synch up any slack rather quickly and it holds it.
- Wore them for a week, then did skyrunning to a 4 thos meter mountain peak covered in snow.
- The grip was excellent and my feet were dry and warm, it is amazing and I am very grateful for this excellent product.
- I bought the speed cross 3 a couple years ago and they are one of the best pair of shoes I have ever purchased period!!
- They are so comfortable and you can hike for miles without any type of of pain or discomfort.
- What kind of a moron of a product manager engineered this??
- They are stiff as hell and not comfortable, narrow, and as you can see they destroyed my heels.
- How can such a great company produce such a crappy product??
- I’m going to try and find an older version of this shoe and stick to that otherwise find a new hiking shoe.
- I had a calf strain, right before I bought my first pair of these shoes.
- A lot of my friends that play softball with me, are switching to these shoes.
- My previous pair I retired as the knobbies on the bottom wore flat from wearing too much.
- He ran into them for 2 hours, and said that they are very comfortable to run across rough terrain.