The ultralight Smith Variance ski helmet is the perfect protection for your head.
The Akitve Beluftungsmoglichkeit you can adjust your own climate, a fogged glasses are due to eyeglass ventilation deductions of the past.
The CE-certified Smith Variance helmet can be individually adjusted via the BOA system on the neck, the ear pads can be removed.
This gives you the opportunity to wear a hat under your helmet.
-Air Evac2 ventilation against fogging of ski goggles
-Hybrid shell construction
-Low Profile Climate Control Regulator
-Nanosilver performance lining
-BOA system for the correct and comfortable fit
-Snap-fit, removable ear pads
-Detachable Eyeglass Clip
-Skullcandy audiocompatible (not included)
-51-55 cm = S
-55-59 cm = M
-59-63 cm = L
-63-67 cm = XL
Smith Optics Unisex Adult Variance Snow Sports Helmet
- Built with our Hybrid Shell construction, this full performance helmet has received the highest compliment we could hope for-competitor imitation.
- The first thing I noticed taking it out of the box is the lack of weight.
- The finish on the shell is matt and cleans up very easily with just soap and water.
- Although it feels a little weird first it is actually very scuff resistant.
- The liner is removable and washable and I had no difficulty taking it out or putting it back in.
- The ear pads can accommodate audio pads and are easily accessed with a single zipper that runs around the back of the neck.
- The chin strap is adjustable in length and for forward and aft positioning.
- Sufficient padding is attached to prevent throat irritations.
- Adjusting the helmet to size is as simple as rotating the know on the back of the helmet.
- Being in between sizes I opted for the larger size and have ample adjustment to make the helmet fit properly and snug.
- Beware if you have longer hair in the back as it has a tendency to get caught up in the rotating knob.
- A thin balaclava under the helmet will help with that issue.
- The ear pads are positioned in such a way that they cover most people’s ears properly when the helmet is snugged on the noggin.
- Air flow adjustment is easy with a single slide at he top of the helmet, although it takes a bit of effort to learn where exactly it is on your head.
- Once accustomed to it’s location it was a breeze to adjust airflow on the go.
- Crash padding inside the helmet is well positioned and of adequate thickness.
- This helmet is designed to be “really used” only once and although not tested, the lay-out of the foam looks like it will protect impacts from all sides.
- It is supposed to self destruct in order to protect the head.
- Vents great and with proper adjustment and the right goggles fogging is a thing of the past.
- It’s nothing short of a nightmare to charge my Outdoor Tech CHIPS BT headphones.
- There are way too many products out there that looks great on the photos but feels cheap.
- I was never one to wear a helmet before but it is EXTREMELY comfortable.
- I am a very cold person and what I love about this is that it it warm and keeps snow out.
- While Southern California has been getting these great storms in the mountain I used my helmet all day and was kept warm and dry.
- Also when it started to heat up and get warm the vents works great!<
- According to that I should wear a medium, but a large fits perfect.
- I discovered that the Smith helmet fit my head better than my old Giro.
- I also bought the Skull Candy ear phones and they work well too.
2018 Smith Variance Helmet Review Thehouse.Com
One of Smith’s most popular products, the Variance offers a combination of advanced technology, casual styling, and attractive price